- The extortion of money by threats of public accusation, exposure, or censure.
- Exert pressure on someone through threats to divulge discrediting information.
E.g.: The Senator blackmailed his opponents to take them out of the race.
French: Chantage, faire chanter.
ii. Blind spot
- The place where the optic nerve attaches to the retina, and so where the retina cannot detect light.
- An inability to recognize a fact or think clearly about a certain topic, especially because of prejudice.
E.g.: He loves her so much that he has a blind spot when it comes to her fault.
French: point aveugle.
- To hit something with the front of the board, especially in midair.
- Find other meanings at this link ?
E.g.: Ouch!!! I just bonked my forehead on the edge of the table.
French: heurt, choc, frapper, cogner…